Sunday, October 2, 2011

Damn You Tumblr

You all know what I am talking about. Tumblr. If you haven't checked it out yet... well get on that shit kiddo. If you are not into technology well have fun in the 70's you damn dirty hippy. Every generation has their fads and this just so happens to be one of them. Get over it already you 40 something yuppies! I bet you're parents had a fad back in their day too. Something along the lines of... math or spelunking.
Moving on! Tumblr. It shows you magical pictures and such that are hilarious and may even inspire you to be all artistic on the inside. I do actually like this site, even though I have yet to sign up for it. I like to stumble it however and usually get lost for hours looking at cute little pictures and quotes. Such as this one:
I guess all my pictures will have a theme this time around. I get looking at all of these types of pictures and I start thinking I must change my life, or at least how I approach certain subjects. The particular subject is called: relationships/significant others/"hmmmm"



So I have been probably looking at these types of pictures too much because I get ballsy. And some poor friend of mine or love interest gets harassed by me and my ways. Doesn't mean my feelings are false, but I just always seem to be rushing into something that I should have 'patience' with.

I of course have a few "hmmm's" as of late and this time around it looks like one of them just happens to be a good friend of mine. I think everyone has been in the 'friend zone' once or (gasp) twice in their lifetime and every time it sucks. You used to hang out and now its mentally challenging not to make a move on them. What is worse is when they talk about other people they are interested in, when you are around. Because they're supposed to know that you like them by now RIGHT?!?! Unfortunately they have absolutely no idea, to them you are just the best friend they could ever have because you're always there for them and you always listen and you're like a sibling to me.  Heartbreaking, I know.

Of course you always tell your other friends about this little situation you have going down and they always always always use the word patience. Because its always just that easy. Waiting for them to text you, waiting for them to get on Facebook, waiting for them to get a damn clue! I always take the advice my friends give me with barely a grain of salt. Most of the time my friends give me advice it usually should be more categorized as opinion and their personal lifestyle choices. I love my friends DO NOT get me wrong, but I think I just need someone to bitch to.
Sound familiar?

I bet some of you are hoping like no other that I will give you some advice on how to get your friend/love interest to magically see and reciprocate your feelings. However I could do that, but I would seriously just be regurgitating something that someone else told me. I do suggest someone called David Coleman, the "Real Life Hitch." He is pretty much the bomb diggity as long as you are mainly heterosexual. If you aren't, you may have to tweak his processes a bit. That's all I have concerning advice, I think all situations utilize the phrase: It depends.

Now I believe that there are kids who are just born with the weight of the world on their shoulders (aka middle child syndrome). Usually we call these kids 'emo', 'punks' 'trouble'. Well its probably because we take the shit for the world where everyone keeps on thinking that everything is going just dandy. I consider myself as one of those kids, and its really difficult in the world of 'liking someone.' We notice what is wrong with the government, with institutionalization, with people! Therefore we have are always brooding and sometimes we take down those we love or potentially could love. I know that not everyone is an over-analyzer/worrier and its difficult to connect. BUT! When I do find myself liking another human being its pretty intense and real. That is because us middle children of the world are so troubled in many ways. I know I know, there are always exceptions to the rule and there are some anomaly middle children (MC's) that are mistakable for the golden first born child. But having feelings for someone in my world is a big deal and is not something to be taken lightly and patience just does not play a role in my thought process.

Back to Tumblr... They are the reason I get ballsy and start thinking like a MC and scare some nice person away. So although I love Tumblr late into the night...
Damn you Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment